Our Brand and Logo
Parnassus' name, crest, and logo are registered trademarks with the Minnesota Secretary of State. Unauthorized use of the school name, crest, and logo are prohibited.
The school was named after Mount Parnassus, the towering limestone mountain in Greece that in ancient times was known as the home of the Muses, who inspired literature, poetry, sciences, and the arts. It has since become a metaphor for learning, achievement in creativity and the development of the mind. The name reflects the founders’ belief that Parnassus provides a classical academic program that will produce students who are analytical thinkers, coherent writers, confident speakers, thoughtful leaders, and responsible members of their community.
At Parnassus, we will proudly wear our crest – letting others know that we are united in the belief that knowledge stems from an education rooted in the classical system. By wearing a common uniform and educational crest, we agree to stand together as students, learners, thinkers, scholars, and friends.
|The elements included in our crest have symbolic meaning:
- The book on the top represents knowledge.
- The torch represents life, truth, and intelligence.
- The laurel leaf vines represent both peace and strong, lasting friendships.
The colors used also have a specific meaning described below:
- Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, strength, power, determination as well as love.
- Yellow (gold) is the color of sunshine, and it is associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
- Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth.