Parnassus Preparatory School’s name, crest, and logo are registered trademarks with the Minnesota Secretary of State. Unauthorized use of the school name, crest, and logo is prohibited.
The school was named after Mount Parnassus, the towering limestone mountain in Greece known as the home of the Muses who were the emissaries of literature, poetry, the sciences, and the arts. Our name has since become a metaphor for learning and achievement in creativity and the development of the mind. The name reflects the founders’ belief that Parnassus provides a classical academic program that produces students who are analytical thinkers, coherent writers, confident speakers, thoughtful leaders, and responsible members of their community.
At Parnassus, we proudly wear our crest – to let others know that we are united in the belief that knowledge stems from an education rooted in the classical system. By wearing a common uniform and educational crest, we agree to stand together as students, learners, thinkers, scholars, and friends.
The elements in our crest hold the following symbolism:
- The book at the top represents knowledge.
- The torch represents life, truth, and intelligence.
- The laurel represents peace and strong, lasting friendships.
The colors in our crest have the following significance:
- Red is associated with energy, strength, power, determination, and love.
- Yellow (gold) is associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
- Blue is is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, and truth.